Hi Bob,

Ruth makes a good point that there is a lot of domain specific encoding in EAD, but if it solves a need for you, that's great.

I think your validation problem stems from using the DTD version of EAD3. There is a small subset of functionality in EAD3 (most notably <objectxmlwrap>) that is only supported in the RelaxNG Schema (ead3.xsd) and W3C XML Schema (ead3.xsd) versions of the standard. This stems from DTDs not being namespace aware.

Cheers,

Mike