*****Please excuse cross-posting*****
The Department of Justice Library Staff is seeking a highly-motivated librarian with strong leadership skills to serve as Supervisory Librarian at DOJ Headquarters. Looking for a fast-paced environment, with supportive and collegial colleagues, where at the end of the day you know that your work made a difference to litigation involving the United States? Well, look no further! The Department of Justice is seeking to hire an experienced librarian to manage a team of high-performing librarians and staff who support the challenging, rewarding, and notable work of the Department at Main Justice.
This position is open only to Competitive Service candidates.
Supervisory Librarian (Law)
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Offices, Boards and Divisions
Justice Management Division, Library Staff
Pay scale & grade
Open & closing dates: 06/09/2021 to 06/23/2021
Location: Washington, D.C.
U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division (JMD), Library Staff's mission is to provide a leadership role in meeting the information needs of the Department of Justice. The primary purpose of this position is to provide direction and guidance in one or more library locations or to a major library system program. The Staff provides a complete range of library and related information services to the Offices, Boards, and Divisions and other DOJ organizations.
· Supervises a team consisting of Librarians (Law) at the full performance level performing professional, librarianship work and contractors.
· Provides direction of operations and guidance in one or more library locations or to a major library system program, in order to provide an effective program of user/public awareness of library programs and services.
· Performs the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised.
· Serves as an expert in the organization, development and implementation of multiple projects involving the Library Staff.
· Responsible for planning, initiating, establishing, and maintaining professional relationships in order to further DOJ libraries resource sharing initiatives and to coordinate cataloging and digitization workflows.
· Provides research, training, analysis, and expertise to attorneys and professional staff in all practice areas of the Department of Justice.
· Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the position description.