Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to participate via webinar in a free Department of the Interior Library Training Session entitled "Understanding Legislation: Statutory and Legislative History Research on Lexis" on Wednesday, June 9th from 2:00 to 3:00 pm ET, part of our series of free training sessions available from the DOI Library.

In this course, attendees will be learning basic legislative research using resources available from Lexis. Those participating will gain familiarity with the different sources of the law—bills/statutes/regulations/ordinances/administrative guidance—and which branch of the government is responsible for the respective source. Additionally, our Lexis trainer will examine the mechanism through which the legislative branch passes laws—the legislative life-cycle through which an idea becomes a bill and eventually an act, as well as the mechanism through which the executive branch (government agencies) enforces laws created by the legislative branch—rules and regulations.

All that are interested are invited.  Please go to the following link to request webinar registration information:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=urWTBhhLe02TQfMvQApUlFEdn8G3vZVKlnYWFjYkWjhURE5XNEZXMlo1SktQV0VRRk85NkdPOTlKSi4u

You may contact the Library by e-mail at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for more information about this program or if you have trouble reaching us using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can join us virtually on June 9th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Phone: (202) 208-3796
Fax: (202) 208-6773
Library URL: http://www.doi.gov/library
OFAS URL: http://www.doi.gov/ofas

[cid:50a9cdef-4cad-4859-a812-78a2831b8277]