Greetings, colleagues,

We here at the Madigan Army Medical Center (MAMC) Medical Library have made a sustained effort over the past five years to replace our bound journal collection with online backfiles.  We have managed to purchase perpetual access to nearly all journal titles in the bound collection.  We are getting ready to begin Phase 2 of our project, which is to dispose of the bound journals.

The first step in the disposal process is to offer them up to our fellow DoD medical libraries.  (They’ve had their chance.)

The second step is to offer them to other Federal libraries.

The third and final step is to work with our Property Management people to dispose of them permanently.

Attached to this message is a list of the journal titles we’d like to find homes for.  If you are interested, you pay shipping and they’re yours.  We’ll give it a week.  If we haven’t heard from anyone within a week, we’ll assume that there’s no interest and move on to the next step.

POC is Ms. Isabel Mora-Shafer ([log in to unmask] or 253-968-0118) here in the MAMC Medical Library.

Thanks for your consideration!

--jeff

Jeffery R. Ring, PhD, MILS |

Chief, Medical Library | Education & Research Division |

Madigan Army Medical Center | MCHJ-MOE-L |

9040 Jackson Ave. | Tacoma, WA 98431-1100 |

[log in to unmask] | 253-968-0356

If it takes you more than 10 minutes to find something, please contact the library.  Finding the info you need is what we do.