My apologies; I think I was mistaken in thinking that recording cited dates in the 100|d is required for new NARs. Thanks for the reminder/clarification that it’s optional regardless of whether the date was determined or found.

Thanks again, Jasmin

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Robert Maxwell
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2021 6:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] calculated birth date in AAP

If you “added the information in 670” you must be citing some source? How did you come to your conclusion? It’s fine to give evidence and then calculate from there, as long as you have evidence for your calculation.

Whether you include the date in 100 or not, you need to cite your source of information if you want to record something in 046. If you feel confident enough to record the information in 046 I see no reason why you shouldn’t also include it in the authorized access point, but as Charles Croissant noted, it’s up to you.

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University