Dear PCC Colleagues,

This is the third in our series of news updates to the PCC members from the PCC chair. Here’s what happened since we posted the last one at the end of February:

1. As just announced, our next PCC Virtual Meeting is scheduled for July 15, 2021, 1-3 pm (Eastern).

Topic: Official RDA Toolkit Warm-Up: Navigating Documentation and Putting it to Use. Please see our announcement from last week.

Please join us!

2. The PCC Operations Committee Meeting was held virtually May 6-7, 2021. Slides and recordings are available from the agenda: https://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/documents/OpCo-2021/Agenda-OpCo-2021.pdf

Thanks to all presenters and participants!

3. The PCC Strategic Directions were extended and revised to reflect our new Strategic Direction 7: Incorporate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) principles to every aspect of PCC operations. The updated document was posted on April 29, 2021: https://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/about/PCC-Strategic-Directions-2018-2022.pdf

4. The NACO Advisory Group created a new guidance document, the PCC Policy on Compilations of Works by One Agent. This document, along with the related FAQ created by the Standing Committee on Standards, is also available from the NACO Website.

5. The LC-PCC Task Group on Aggregates in the Beta RDA Toolkit has issued part 2 of its final report: https://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/taskgroup/RDA-Aggregates-TG-Final-Report-Part%202.pdf

6. The Task Group on Developing Guidelines for BIBFRAME and MARC Bibliographic Encoding Languages, reporting to the Standing Committee on Standards, began its work in March 2021.

7. The Sinopia Training Task Group of the Standing Committee on Training has completed work on a series of Sinopia training modules.
As part of its strategic directions to apply understanding of linked data, the PCC works closely with the Linked Data for Production initiative, and has created this training series to prepare catalogers to use Sinopia for cataloging in linked data.
The modules are available on the Catalogers Learning Workshop: https://www.loc.gov/catworkshop/Sinopia-Training/index.html

Best regards,

Melanie

(on behalf of the PCC Policy Committee)

Melanie Wacker
Metadata Coordinator
Original and Special Materials Cataloging
Columbia University Libraries
New York, N.Y.
(212) 854 9676