NLS Operations Alert

No. 21-52

DATE         :   July 28, 2021

TO             :   Network Libraries

FROM        :   Alice O’Reilly, Chief, Collections Division

SUBJECT  :   Save the date: Collections Division Conference, October 5, 2021

We want to give everyone a look ahead to an important virtual event coming up on October 5: the NLS Collections Division (COL) Conference.

NLS’s COL staff would like to use this conference to pursue broader, more inclusive conversations with network libraries about wide-ranging topics such as Voyager, subject headings, finding aids, reader advisory activities, collection development policy, foreign language collections and the Marrakesh Treaty, network produced braille and audio, and braille on demand. We have an enthusiastic and collaborative COL team that is looking forward to making and building connections with network library collections development librarians, catalogers, reader advisors, and others who are working to make accessible books available to patrons every day.

We ask that directors and library administrators make network library collections staff aware of this conference and encourage their attendance. Presentations will be made by both network librarians and NLS staff, as well as moderated mixed-group panels and breakout session for subtopics.

We hope this conference will jump-start more in-depth and long-term conversations between the NLS Collections Division and network libraries.

We’ll send you more details about the conference as we get closer to the date.

The Collections Division Conference will take place the day after this year’s Collection Development Advisory Group meeting, which will be held virtually on October 4.

For more information contact: