     I too get a bit upset when I see a barely living wage with the
request for an MA, often for music librarians an additional degree, or
performance, along with two languages; often, more criteria for a
department, than for the head of the whole library.

     On the other hand, some, with very good experience, can at times
have personal reversals, and have to start over (as I've had to do.) In
which case, any job is a good job using your skills and experience. See
my article.
https://bit.ly/3eIWIik