Dear Colleagues,

Iím pleased to announce that Cornell University Library (CUL) is recruiting for an Authorities Metadata Librarian in the LTS Cataloging & Metadata Services department. The Authorities Metadata Librarian will collaborate with catalogers and other Library Technical Service staff on efforts related to maintenance, remediation and enhancement of bibliographic and authority data. They will engage in cross-functional teams for the development, implementation, and assessment of authority metadata infrastructure, policies and procedures. The incumbent will also actively participate in the community development of authority-related features for the FOLIO library services platform and adjacent technologies, while supporting CULís commitment to inclusive metadata practices.

We welcome candidates from a variety of backgrounds, including if you are new to the library profession or bring non-library metadata experience. We want you to have some familiarity with metadata, and enthusiasm for building more experience on the job. (Please see the link below for a list of required and referred qualifications.)

Key Opportunities:

Salary:  The anticipated academic rank for this position is Assistant Librarian, with an expected salary range of $52,500 Ė$55,000.

Diversity and Inclusion:  Cornell University Library embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented identities to apply.

Cornell University Library is a member of the ACRL Diversity Alliance, which unites academic libraries who are committed to increasing the hiring pipeline of qualified and talented individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.

Please review the following posting for application instructions and to see full details about this exciting opportunity, https://cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CornellCareerPage/job/Authorities-Metadata-Librarian---Cornell-University-Library_WDR-00027780-1

Candidates are encouraged to submit their application materials by October 8, 2021.

Thank you for your consideration, and please donít hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about the position.

Sincerely,

Steven

--

Steven Folsom

Coordinator, Metadata Design and Operations

Cornell University Library

pronouns: he/him/they/them

http://orcid.org/0000-0003-3427-5769

@sf433

Due to staffing changes necessitated by the current public health concerns my response might be slower than usual. If your message is urgent, please send it with the Subject header ďURGENTĒ. Thank you!