We will do our very best to do this but it cannot be guaranteed. We are not the ones uploading the videos. Sometimes we are told something will occur on a particular day, and it doesn’t happen. It may be better to wait until they are all available, and then do your publicity.

Guy

From: Center for the Book state centers communication <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Sharon Shaloo
Sent: Wednesday, September 8, 2021 6:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Great Reads Videos

Dear Guy/Deziree,

I was a bit late to the meeting today but did hear as the session closed that the captioning (and hence the posting) of our videos would not be completed in time to have the videos available next Friday, 9/17, as NBF opens.

That is too bad but I gather that it is not something that can be avoided at this point in the process.

To keep faith with the authors who have volunteered their time to be part of these videos,PLEASE give us 24 hours notice of the time that the videos will be available so we can do a collective/collaborative social media push that will drive people to the videos at the NBF site (in the Festival Near You section, as you say).

With that information we can all do a coordinated social media push that will help us make good on the promise we made to the Great Reads authors that their contributions would be part of the NBF celebration.

Thank you in advance for sending out that alert,

Sharon

*********

Sharon Shaloo, Executive Director

Mass Center for the Book