Dear PCC colleagues,

The one-year PCC Standing Committee Internship pilot is coming to an end.
On behalf of the PCC Policy Committee and the Standing Committees, a big
THANK YOU to our initial group of interns who have made the pilot a success
and have contributed so much to the work of the PCC Standing Committees!

I am pleased to share with you that the PCC Policy Committee has voted to
turn this pilot into an ongoing program. We are now looking for new interns
for the 2021/2022 term for the Standing Committee on Applications and the
Standing Committee on Training.

The goals of the internship program are to expose the interns to the work
of the PCC, to allow them to gain insights into the working of a PCC
Committee, to mentor them on how to be active in the PCC, and to develop
them to potentially serve as a full member of a PCC committee in the
future. This program also expands the pool of active PCC participants and
provides valuable experience for future PCC leaders.

The work of interns includes participating in meetings and email
discussions of the committee and assisting the committee chair (taking
minutes and other tasks). Interns may also be appointed to one or more task
groups of the standing committee. To learn more about the PCC Standing
Committees, please links at: https://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/about/pcc-org.html

Applications will be accepted from librarians who self-identified as new (
~5 years or fewer) to the profession, new to cataloging/metadata, new to
the PCC, or new to PCC committee work. Applicants should be employed at a
PCC institution or be part of a PCC funnel. Nominations for librarians who
meet these criteria will also be accepted.

To apply or nominate, please use the Google form at:
https://forms.gle/5vSAdq4845J8X6mh8

We will accept applications until September 30, 2021. We look forward to
hearing from you!

Best regards,
Melanie
(PCC Policy Committee, Chair)

Melanie Wacker
Metadata Coordinator
Original and Special Materials Cataloging
Columbia University Libraries
New York, N.Y.
(212) 854 9676