Jennifer a big thank you for leading us so ably and supporting us through a challenging 3 years. We will miss you, please stay in touch with us all.
Melanie your leadership has kept us on the straight and narrow pathway as we face the challenges of the Official RDA Toolkit. It has been a very productive year and thank you for this very full report.
Isabel you get to help us reach a decision on when to implement the Official RDA Toolkit. Looking forward to another exciting year.
A big thank you to all members of PCC for making this a dynamic cooperative.
Best wishes from the Isle of Palms, S.C.
Chief, Policy, Training, and Cooperative Programs Division.
Dear PCC colleagues,
This August news update is the last one that I will be sending as the Chair of the PCC Policy Committee. Starting October 1, 2021 Isabel Quintana (Harvard University) will be the new Chair.
Congratulations to Isabel! Charlene Chou (New York University) is our incoming Chair Elect. I also would like to thank Jennifer Baxmeyer (Princeton University) for all the great work she has done as PCC Chair-Elect, Chair, and most recently as Past Chair!
Here's what happened since we posted the last news update at the beginning of June:
1) The PCC Virtual Meeting was held July 15, 2021. Our colleagues from the PCC Secretariat (Judith Cannan, Paul Frank, Clara Liao, Melanie Polutta) presented the "Official RDA Toolkit Warm-Up: Navigating Documentation and Putting it to Use". A recording is now available from the agenda:
2) The results of the PCC elections were announced in June.
Congratulations to our new PCC Policy Committee members:
Charlene Chou (New York University)
Nancy Fallgren (National Library of Medicine, re-elected)
Dean Seeman (University of Victoria)
Kelley McGrath (University of Oregon) has agreed to become the next co-chair of the Standing Committee on Standards.
3) The Standing Committee on Training's FAST (Faceted Application of Subject Terminology) Training for PCC Task Group has completed its work on a series of FAST training videos and other documentation. It is now available from the Catalogers Learning Workshop page:
4) The one-year PCC internship pilot is coming to an end. A big THANK YOU to our initial group of interns who have made this pilot a success and have contributed so much to the work of the PCC Standing Committees. The PCC Policy Committee has voted to turn this pilot into an ongoing program. More information on how to apply to upcoming internship opportunities will be shared shortly.
5) The PCC Sinopia Cataloging Affinity Group has been launched during the LD4 Conference and is now holding regular virtual meetings. Information on meetings and other useful resources can be found on the group's Wikispace:
Please join us!
6) New PCC Committees and Working Groups:
a) The RDA Communications Committee:
b) Task Group on Developing a PCC Entities Vocabulary (reporting to the Standing Committee on Standards)
c) PCC Working Group on Metadata Application Profiles (reporting to the Standing Committee on Standards)
(PCC Policy Committee, Chair)
Original and Special Materials Cataloging
Columbia University Libraries
New York, N.Y.
(212) 854 9676