Dear PCC colleagues,

The one-year PCC Standing Committee Internship pilot is coming to an end. On behalf of the PCC Policy Committee and the Standing Committees, a big THANK YOU to our initial group of interns who have made the pilot a success and have contributed so much to the work of the PCC Standing Committees!

I am pleased to share with you that the PCC Policy Committee has voted to turn this pilot into an ongoing program. We are now looking for new interns for the 2021/2022 term for the Standing Committee on Applications and the Standing Committee on Training.

The goals of the internship program are to expose the interns to the work of the PCC, to allow them to gain insights into the working of a PCC Committee, to mentor them on how to be active in the PCC, and to develop them to potentially serve as a full member of a PCC committee in the future. This program also expands the pool of active PCC participants and provides valuable experience for future PCC leaders.

The work of interns includes participating in meetings and email discussions of the committee and assisting the committee chair (taking minutes and other tasks). Interns may also be appointed to one or more task groups of the standing committee. To learn more about the PCC Standing Committees, please links at: https://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/about/pcc-org.html

Applications will be accepted from librarians who self-identified as new ( ~5 years or fewer) to the profession, new to cataloging/metadata, new to the PCC, or new to PCC committee work. Applicants should be employed at a PCC institution or be part of a PCC funnel. Nominations for librarians who meet these criteria will also be accepted.

To apply or nominate, please use the Google form at:https://forms.gle/5vSAdq4845J8X6mh8

We will accept applications until September 30, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Melanie
(PCC Policy Committee, Chair)
Melanie Wacker
Metadata Coordinator
Original and Special Materials Cataloging
Columbia University Libraries
New York, N.Y.
(212) 854 9676