Eric:
   I trust you are aware of Dick Spottswood's 7 volume discography  "Ethnic Music on Record" which he is currently revising. It does not contain sales figures, but it is an invaluable basic reference.
Jay Bruder

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of ERIC BYRON
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 2021 2:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Significance to the immigrant communities of foreign language sound recordings made in the United States prior to World War II

We are trying to learnas much as we can about specific foreign language sound recordings that were made in theUnited States prior to World War II.  Therole that they played in the immigrant communities especially intriguesus.  The Discography ofAmerican Historical Recordings periodically has information about salefigures and those numbers are helpful.  Isthere a way of getting sales figures for those recordings where the salesfigures are not included in DAHR? Does anybody know whether there were publications that focused on theserecordings and discussed the reasons for their success or failure?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.