On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 5:07 PM Myers, John <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Esteemed colleagues,

I received an email this morning in response to my responses to last summer's MAC papers. The email I received consisted of a generic greeting and two very suspicious links. The node address for the email is to what appears to be an open email service using a .us domain extension (stpl.us), which in theory is a United States organization but in this case appears to be a means to provide a U.S. alias for a correspondent.

John-

The domain name in question is used by the St. Tammany Parish Library for email. It's possible that you're seeing signs of one of their employee accounts being compromised, or it's possible that the email address was spoofed/forged.

Either way, their IT folk might already be aware of the issue, or they might appreciate a heads up (and a copy of the email you received with full headers). You can find contact information at https://www.sttammanylibrary.org/library-administration/

In the hope that this information is useful,

-jeff