Thank you! Looking forward to seeing the new language.
Best,
Olivia

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 2:52 PM Meehleib, Tracy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Olivia,

We discussed your question in our MODS Editorial Committee meeting today. It sounds like you are digitizing/cataloging original materials and should be using the value “reformatted digital.” We will be rewording the explanation of “digitized other analog” in the MODS Guidelines shortly. The key point in “reformatted digital” is “original”; “digitized other analog” would refer to non-original, second-generation, reference-type materials such as photocopies.

Hope this helps.

Best, Tracy

From: Metadata Object Description Schema List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Olivia S Solis
Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 2:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MODS] "digitized other analog" and photos

Wonderful! Thank you for your responsiveness.

Best,

Olivia

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 1:36 PM Meehleib, Tracy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Olivia,

We are going to discuss this at our MODS Editorial Committee meeting tomorrow and see if we can clarify that section and add more examples to help distinguish and clarify the MODS <digitalOrigin> values.

Best, Tracy

Tracy Meehleib

Network Development and MARC Standards Office
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave SE

Washington, DC 20540-4402
+1 202 707 0121 (voice)