Hello MODS Implementers,

The MODS Editorial Committee is pleased to announce an initial draft of a MODS 3.7 to BIBFRAME 2.0 mapping and XSLT conversion:
https://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/modsrdf/mods3-7-bibframe2-0-mapping.html

This is an update to the MODS 3.6 to BIBFRAME mapping available here:
https://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/modsrdf/mods3-6-bibframe2-0-mapping.html

The MODS EC is in the process of testing both the XSLT and the 3.7 mapping that it is based on. We invite the MODS Community to participate in the process so we can achieve a more representative test based on a more diverse data pool before finalizing the conversion. Please note that this conversion does not yet take into account the most recent BIBFRAME updates.

Please send any comments either to this list or directly to me: [log in to unmask]

Comments will be accepted until November 30, 2021
We look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Melanie
(on behalf of the MODS Editorial Committee)
Melanie Wacker
Metadata Coordinator
Original and Special Materials Cataloging
Columbia University Libraries
New York, N.Y.
(212) 854 9676