From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Deborah J. Leslie
Sent: Friday, October 1, 2021 4:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Cataloger Demographics Study

A question I often have when completing surveys came up again, and this is as good a place as any to ask. I work in an independent research library. We're not much different from a rare book or special collections unit within a university, only we don't have a university. Are we a 'special library'? Or an academic library? I usually select the latter because I think of special libraries as those attached to law firms, historical societies, and the like.

Comments welcome.

Deborah J Leslie, M.A., M.L.S. | Senior Cataloger | Folger Shakespeare Library | 201 East Capitol Street, S.E. Washington, DC 20003 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.folger.edu<http://www.folger.edu/> | Opinions her own