From: Center for the Book state centers communication <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lamolinara, Guy <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 2:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Literacy Awards

This message originated outside the CLEVNET organization. Please exercise caution when opening links or attachments or when providing sensitive information or materials.

All—a number of you have asked about the Library of Congress State Literacy Awards this year. The Lit Awards Advisory Board decided to discontinue the program for two major reasons:

--Lack of interest. The same centers applied each year and the number of applications never exceeded the number of awards available.

--The amount of the awards exceeded the costs of processing them.

I have had discussions about this and I am planning on having a meeting in January on how the Affiliate CFBs can participate in the Literacy Awards in other ways. I will have more info by then.

Please know that I appreciate the interest demonstrated by the centers that did apply.

Guy

Guy Lamolinara

Head, Center for the Book

Professional Learning and Outreach Initiatives

Library of Congress

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]" style="width:1.5in; height:.5555in" data-outlook-trace="F:1|T:1" src="cid:[log in to unmask]">