Hi, Tim –

The Louisiana Poet Laureate selection process is administered by law by the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities.  Basically there is a committee that narrows nominees to three presented to the governor for the final selection.  There are expectations written into the responsibilities that the PL will work with the Louisiana Center for the Book in presenting programs (poetry month, Louisiana Book Festival).  I will get the contact name to you.

Best of luck with it,

Jim

Jim Davis

Director of the Louisiana Center for the Book

State Library of Louisiana

701 North 4th Street

Baton Rouge, LA 70802-5232
Phone: 225-342-9714 / Fax: 225-219-9840

Do not forward this message without permission.
If you have received this email in error you may not copy or disseminate this message in any manner.
Please notify the sender by return email that you received this transmission in error, and delete it from your computer.