Hello Fellow ARSC Members.

We have a project that just came in-house, that includes a collection of
Sony MiniDiscs. I've heard and read a bit about this format but in 20
years of business, this is the first time we've had this format in house.

After several hours of research, I still cannot come up with a deck that
we should consider purchasing for this job. I'm asking for some advice
from the collective.

Is there one playback deck that is the best option for migration from
MiniDisc to file format that covers all the advancements in MiniDisc
technology, including the capability for the long
playback MDLP modes, ATRAC3plus (3.5) or higher encoding, Hi-MD, and any
other advancement considerations?

Is there a way to connect this playback deck to a computer and simply
migrate the data off MiniDisc, in faster than real time, just like we
all rip data from an audio CD to file? If so, can you recommend
software, proper computer platform and operating system, etc?

Looking forward to any input that the expert opinions at ARSC can
provide, as this one is outside of my wheelhouse!

Kind Regards,

John Schroth
Media Transfer Service, LLC