From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Benjamin Roth-Aroni
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 10:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [ARSCLIST] Problem playing Pathé 78s

This message did not originate from SUNY Potsdam or one of its trusted senders. Do not open attachments, click on links, or provide your credentials if the source is suspicious.

Hello everyone.

I was using a Shure M44-7 with the correct wiring and a Pathé stylus.
It was working wonderfully (sounding great), then, I had to switch styli, and when I went to insert a different stylus the part that holds the stem of the stylus got bent, and I can't insert the stylus anymore.  *Can anyone fix that??!!!*

I have another Shure M44-7 with the same wiring which I'm using to transfer Edison Diamond discs and it sounds great with Edisons, but when I use the Pathé stylus for Pathé records it sounds very weak.  *Don't Edison Diamond discs and Pathé records require the same wiring?*

Any suggestions, please?
Kindly respond to my work email *[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*.
Thank you.

Regards,
Ben Roth