Hi Gary,

Thanks for responding.

I don't see a bend in the stylus shank, but the little piece in the first
cartridge got bent and it won't let anything in.
Before that happened the Pathé stylus worked beautifully in that cartridge,
but not in the other cartridge similarly wired.
The Edison stylus works beautifully in that second cartridge.  It doesn't
make sense.

Nowadays it's very difficult to get quality cartridges and styli, otherwise
I would buy the Stanton cartridge properly wired and get a Pathé stylus for
it.
Any more suggestions?

Regards,
Ben