Hi, All,

I'm jumping in for Rocco who is focused on a family issue today. Twelve of us met yesterday to discuss the Lit Landmarks initiative and potential links to the network of affiliated centers for the book. We are creating a set of notes from the meeting now.  Once we have comments on a draft from those who attended we'll forward out to the listserv.

I hasten to say that we are not trying to be proprietary or mysterious!  A quick summary would be that after some good and ranging discussion we came to feel that the question of whether CFB @ LOC would adopt this program should be the first order of business and so didn't plan a second subgroup meeting while that question is resolved.

There were many good points raised in the discussion and there was a lot of enthusiasm for the landmarking program, albeit with some reservations/concerns about how this would be implemented, what obstacles some centers might face if they had to collect funds, what conflicts of interest there might be if a center were the agent as well as the advocate for a particular site, and etc.  We talked about various organizational structures, from state-by-state to regional and even national, with a central steering committee.  We hope the issues raised will inform discussion moving forward

Details will follow soon..

Regards,

Sharon

*********