Dear all,

With regret, I'm writing to let you know directly that Sarah Lawson and I are resigning from Virginia Humanities, effective May 6.

It has been an incredible pleasure to work with you all for the past eight years. I've learned so much from you in the Idea Exchange, from our Zoom meetings, and from in-person chats over dinner or at a LOC-hosted reception or amidst the wonderful chaos of the National Book Festival.

During the past couple of years, as we all learned how to adapt our work so we could continue to connect readers and authors, this group helped in innumerable ways, far beyond the critical mental health support of talking with people facing the same seemingly impossible issues. Thank you.

While I expect that VH will post positions to hire new team members soon, our colleague Aran Donovan, who attended today's meeting, is your excellent point of contact for Virginia.

I look forward to watching your work from afar and will hope our paths cross again.

With much appreciation and warmest regards,

Jane

Jane B. Kulow (she/her)

Director, Virginia Center for the Book

Virginia Humanities

434 806-4004

Missed the 2022 Virginia Festival of the Book?

On-demand videos from Shelf Life & the Festival are available to enjoy any time at VaBook.org/watch