Dear Center Affiliate Directors,

I hope you are all doing well! I’m reaching out with a question for the
listserv and would appreciate any input that anyone is willing to share (If
you would prefer to reply directly to me or talk offline you can email me
directly at [log in to unmask]).

Do you receive requests from authors/publicists to feature their work in a
program, and how do you field those requests? There are often so many
writers, and only so many spaces with which to feature their work. Does
anyone have a successful strategy that you use to politely decline not
being able to feature a book for a program or event? Is there anyway that
you capture these interactions for future use?

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful contributions!

*Melissa Giblin *(she/her/hers)
*Director of North Carolina Center for the Book*

Main (704) 687-1520 | Direct (704) 687-1526

Please click here if you would like to schedule time to speak about our
programming opportunities. <https://melissagiblin.youcanbook.me/>

[image: Facebook Icon] <https://www.facebook.com/NCHumanities/>
<https://www.instagram.com/nchumanities/>[image: Twitter Icon]
<https://twitter.com/NCHumanities>[image: LinkedIn Icon]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/north-carolina-humanities-council-inc./>
*DONATE
<https://nchumanities.networkforgood.com/projects/33966-general-donation-page>*

*Confidentiality Notice*:  This message (including any attachments) is
intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed.  This message may contain information that is legally
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If you are
not the intended recipient, please note that any use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete
all copies of this message.