FYI—I asked for this today. We may not get it anyway. I was told the floor plan has already gone to the Fire Marshal for approval. I will let you all know and then you can make plans accordingly.

From: Center for the Book state centers communication <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Sharon Shaloo
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2022 3:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Follow up to yesterday's meeting re author table in Roadmap to Reading area

I was told that there is talk of having a table in the Road Map to Reading area of NBF for any state authors/illustrators coming to DC for the event.

I would like to ask if that table would come with staffing?  If not, everyone should think through that to host an author at another location means you may be leaving your booth shorthanded.

Personally, I would find it much easier to host at our Mass table for that reason but of course we are a democracy and majority will rule here at least in our network.

Just want that to be on the table as an issue ...

/Sharon

*********
Sharon Shaloo, Executive Director
Mass Center for the Book