Mary,

Re Watch Party Conventions.  I know you have guide now for FB watching ... here's the way we used Zoom:

Last year we hosted a commonwealth watch party in conjunction with the Isabel Wilkerson video from NBF.

To localize it, we invited two well-known Massachusetts voices to be commentators and to lead discussion.  It worked very well and I think gave depth to the video recording.

We used Zoom (boosted to 1,000 seats, of which more than 900 were reserved), played the video through Zoom (there are instructions in Zoom about how to do this), and then had comments and Q&A.

We asked everyone in audience to keep their cameras off and sound muted while the video and comments were offered.  Then we invited those who wanted to ask a question to turn on camera and mic as they raised hand to speak.  We invited everyone to turn on their cameras at the end so they could see the "room."

Quality was fine, so fine in fact that I would invite everyone to turn on their cameras for Q&A if/when we do it again.

/Sharon

*********
Sharon Shaloo, Executive Director
Mass Center for the Book