Thank you for sharing how you are approaching this- very helpful!
Lizz Sinclair (she/her)
Grants & Partnerships
674 Brighton Ave. | Portland, ME | (207) 773-5051
- Home of the Harriet P. Henry Center for the Book –
I'm helping produce the videos for the Western Directors group.
Our plan, Don, is to record on Zoom. To reduce editing, we are considering asking our authors to change their profile pictures to their Great Reads book covers and put up their full name. The moderator (a director from a Western Center for the Book) would put up his or her Cftb logo. We would start recording with video off, then the moderator would introduce them and they would turn on video.
This is mimicking what we can do in Streamyard for a broadcast look, but just using Zoom, to connect the faces to books.
We're naming our panel discussions "Stories of the West" etc and saying it's presented by the Western Centers for the Book and the Library of Congress as part of National Book Festival Great Reads.
Our ending slide will show all the Western Book Centers' logos.
Grant and Guy, does this approach meet your needs?
What do you all think? Any other ideas?
We're recording the first one in a couple of days, so we'll let you know how it goes.
Also introducing you here to Colorado Center for the Book Programs Coordinator Mary Hickey, who just directed a very successful Colorado Book Awards event in the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in historic downtown Denver.
Looking forward to seeing you and having dinner together Friday evening,
Director of Programs & Center for the Book
7935 E. Prentice Ave., Suite 450 | Greenwood Village, CO 80111
On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 3:10 PM Donald Boozer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Sorry to belabor this...
- Each region submit up to 2 videos to LoC for final editing. Correct?
- Will ALL videos need final editing by LoC?
- For example, do you want us to include our own state Center for the Book logos, etc.?
- Or will Mr. Kittleson be adding official logos, intro graphics, etc.?
- For example, https://www.loc.gov/events/2021-national-book-festival/festival-information/festival-near-you/ohio Last year, we had the Festival banner, our individual logos, and Festival Near You banner as the intro and "outro" graphics.
- I believe Sharon's husband did some of our editing?
- So, how much of that are we (as in each Region) responsible for, and how much is LoC's Graphics department responsible for?
- If we decide to record separately with each author and splice them together, we would need to consolidate those into one or two videos maximum before sending them to Mr. Kittleson at LoC. Correct?
- Do we submit a standard MP3 file? Or do they recommend a different file format?
From: Center for the Book state centers communication <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lamolinara, Guy <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2022 3:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: some clarifications
All—sorry again for my mistake re the video due date. Here is additional info:
GREAT READS VIDEOS:
1. We plan to have the videos online by Aug. 26 (not July).
2. Here is info from Grant Kittleson in our Multimedia Group on the Great Reads videos. His email is [log in to unmask]. Please cc me on any emails you send him. Please use GREAT READS VIDEO in your subject line. Here is what he said:
Recordings can be scheduled for between July 20 and August 1 until 3pm Eastern time. This is if you want to work with Grant.
If you are doing the recording yourself: As for the ones that are going to record themselves, we would just treat that as a media delivery and you can send me the zoom videos through media shuttle.
Please contact Grant sooner rather than later, so that he isn’t scheduling recordings at the last minute.
Also, if you are planning to send him your video, rather than having him record, please let him know.
In case you missed it in one of our monthly meetings: We are only recording videos with youth authors. We decided to forgo recording adult authors until next year, even if you chose one for the list. Thus, each CFB region may have no more than two videos, if you choose to break the authors into groups.
I have no specific info on where to send materials or when you can start shipping. I don’t know when I will have it. When I get it, you will be the first to know.
I wanted to get you the info re shipping pound limits sooner so that you would not go through the trouble of assembling materials exceeding this amount (unless you are prepared to pay excess charges).
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressees and may contain legally privileged, protected or confidential information. If you have received this message in error, and/or you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail reply and please delete this message from your computer and destroy any copies. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, forwarding, distribution, or other dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.