NLS Operations Alert

No. 22-66

DATE         :  July 28, 2022
TO             :  Network Libraries
FROM        :  Lele Yang, NLS Data and Analytics Officer
SUBJECT  :  TBT order form data collection

As part of our effort to modernize service delivery, NLS is assessing the use of large-print order forms that are provided to patrons with the audio and online versions of Talking Book Topics (TBT). We would like your help with tracking the number of order forms you receive from patrons from August to December.

NLS will send you a SurveyMonkey link where you can provide the number of large-print order forms you receive from the July/August and September/October issues of TBT. This includes the 12-page order form that comes with the TBT audio cartridge and the printable PDF order forms available with online versions of TBT<https://www.loc.gov/nls/braille-audio-reading-materials/latest-books-in-braille-and-audio/talking-book-topics-bimonthly-magazine/>. The survey should be filled out monthly and will remain open through January 15, 2023. We will ask you to provide numbers in the following format:

July/August TBT issue

August

September

October

November

December

Adult Order Forms

Children Order Forms

Spanish Order Forms

September/October TBT issue

September

October

November

December

Adult Order Forms

Children Order Forms

Spanish Order Forms

This data will help NLS better understand the needs of our patrons and make informed decisions about our service delivery and resource allocation. Thank so much for your cooperation! We appreciate your support in this data collection effort.

For more information, please contact: