Rich,

The three examples at library.berkeley.edu /pub/sgml/ead/examples parse with
the alpha EAD DTD released yesterday afternoon.

They are all relatively "flat" finding aids, which is to say, the lists do
not have much if any hierarchy. Attributes were also used sparingly. With
respect to <tspec> and <colspec>, we are still feeling our way in.
Everyone should look at these examples as tentative with respect to what
we put where. I am especially interested if there are questions about
appropriate tagging.

Daniel