--------------63874984319

Dear Campbell,

here's the style sheet I'm working with in Panorama, which Daniel asked me to
let you and others on the EAD list to have a look at in connection with
displaying the tables in the Rostovzeff finding aid.

As you will see, I have not done a great deal on formatting the early part of
the finding aid. Note, however, that the definition list on the title page is
displayed correctly as a table (though we could do without the centering).
Here, I have identified

<list>          as a table (no grid)
<defitem>       as a table row
<label>,<item>  as table cells

(This is done in the 'Misc' set of properties in the Panorama style sheet.)

In contrast, look at where the container list begins. The tables are
displayed, but the width of the columns varies from line to line. Here, I
have defined

<c03>           as a table (unsatisfactory, as it will not always be one)
<drow>          as a table row
<dentry>        as a table cell

If you try to define <c03> as a CALS table, as would seem more appropriate,
no table is displayed at all.

I look forward to hearing from you, or from others who have had more success
than me with this problem.

Yours,

        David
--
David L. Clough
Reference Assistant, Yale Divinity Library

--------------63874984319

<!DOCTYPE STYLESHEET PUBLIC "-//SYNEX INFORMATION AB//DTD STYLESHEET EXPLORER//EN">

<STYLESHEET NAME="EAD" DTD="-//SOCIETY OF AMERICAN ARCHIVISTS//DTD EAD.DTD (ENCODED ARCHIVAL DESCRIPTION (EAD))//EN">

<STYLE TAG="LIST">
<SPC-ABOVE V="5">
<SPC-LEFT V="+=30">
<SPC-BELOW V="5">