Since we just found out about the upcoming EAD alpha review
meeting I wanted to be sure to ask for a change that we've
probably mentioned before...

We need some way to distinguish parts of names in the <persname>
element, and probably the generic <name> element as well.  Along
relationship>, and <dates>.  This will allow us to do some fancy
indexing on these elements, and to normalize for both retrieval
and display in a way that doesn't seem possible with the current
dtd.  Richard Gartner's suggestion of a "reg" attribute for the
name elements might also be useful, but isn't really the right
solution for our case. Thanks for considering this when you meet!

MacKenzie Smith                                   [log in to unmask]
Harvard University Library                        %\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%