Hello,

For a University of Michigan archives class, I am developing
a mini research project to compare the retrieval effectiveness of
searching

  - entire finding aids
  - introductory material of finding aids (<scopecontent> etc.)
  - MARC records

Can anyone suggest a suitable location of EAD-encoded finding
aids for this?  At a minimum, I need to be able to search *across*
finding aids, and do context searching (i.e. restricted to certain
fields).

Ideally, if the subject matter of the finding aids available (or
a reasonable subset of them) were somewhat uniform, that would be
useful in coming up with a legitimate set of questions.  (To make things
even more ideal, I would also be interested in knowing of sites
which use the <controlaccess> tag.)
A tall order, I know ... but I'm mainly looking for the ability
to do context searching across a reasonable number of finding aids.

Any suggestions or comments relating to this research would be
most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Hutchinson
School of Information