At 09:03 AM 4/30/97 -0400, Tim Young wrote:
>Peter - from my understanding of what A/E and Panorama do (including a
>review of their documentation), "style" files are two distinct beasts in the
>two programs. Panorama allows for the creation of a STYLE SHEET
>which governs the parsed display of an SGML instance - acting on the
>relationship between and placing of elements to create the final user view of
>a document. In Author/Editor, the STYLE FILE is simply a preferences
>file which allows for on-screen modification of tags and texts to allow for
>easier document creation This file does not intended to travel with an
>instance (as is
>the Panorama Style Sheet). They should not be interchanged.

This is similar to a difficulty I am encountering in using WP7 with SGML.
WP7 uses a layout design (*.lsi files) that format the appearance of the
SGML document in WordPerfect.  This file cannot be interchanged, converted,
or in any other way be read into Panorama so that one use it as a style
sheet (*.ssh file).

What I am encountering is that when I use Panorama to read the *.sgm file
I've created in WP7 (I assume this goes for A/E & other SGML editors),
Panorama outputs raw text only:  no style sheet or navigator is attached.
How does one attach style sheets and/or navigators to a *.sgm file if there
is no style sheet or navigator with it?  (I've viewed LC finding aids using
Panorama Pro that have style sheets & navigators with them, and have been
able to attach and create new *.ssh for the finding aid.  These new *.ssh
files cannot be attached to the *.sgm file I created.)  It seems that one is
only able to create a new style sheet for a *.sgm file if there is a style
sheet already associated with it.
Scott A. Leonard  ><>
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Scott's Page on the Web:  http://www.wam.umd.edu/~sleonard/