On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, leigh swancott wrote:

> the other problem with the project is simply the
> inability of current carrier networks to move that amount of data at
> reasonable times.

Leigh certainly expresses a valid concern, which I can appreciate even
more after spending 10 minutes a few weeks ago downloading the sgml file
of LC's Federal Theater Project finding aid!  It may just be ASCII text
and not images, but when there's that much of it, it still takes a while
to access.  All the more reason, I would argue, to pursue delivery models
that don't force a "whole finding aid or nothing" approach onto end users.

 ___Bill Landis           [log in to unmask]
(        JSTOR Production Coordinator                   )
 )              "Try to wriggle free, remembering      (
(   what the great collector said: Serenity is a mild bridle           ___
 )  lending dignity to any occasion."        Ph 313 936.2363 Fx 647 6897 (