I am attempting to import a previously created EAD file into
Author/Editor.  The first thing I noticed is that I get an error message
that the <head> element is not allowed within the <did> element (the file
was created while consulting the EAD tag list).  When I deleted the <head>
element and tried to put the text back in after the <did> element, I
noticed that the head element was not listed as being a valid element
within <did> (the element did not come up in the "insert element" window
with the rules checking option on).

I assume that the EAD rules file that came with the SoftQuad SGML
Publishing Suite is out of date.  I went back into some of the e-mail I
had saved from this listserv, and found a message from Ricky Erway at RLG
date Mar. 11, 1997, that gave some new files that had been added to the
RLG FTP server.  I downloaded the ead.rls file from the RLG server.  I
attempted to import my EAD file, and after sellecting the "new" EAD rules
file, I get an error message that reads, "Could not allocate more memory
becaue there isn't enough memory.  Try the operation again."  I don't
understand this message, but I have downloaded the ead.rls file as both
ascii and binary files, and get the same error in both cases.  Is this
message due to Author/Editor or the new ead.rls file?  Both rules files
are about the same size (approx. 70K), and I know that the error is not
caused by the lack of memory on the computer.  Help?!

Scott A. Leonard  ><>
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Scott's Page on the Web:  http://www.wam.umd.edu/~sleonard/

    "I cannot speak for the way God deals with others; I know only how He deals
with me personally."
                                C. S. Lewis,  _God in the Dock_ (p. 262)