> Also, because the new "free" Panorama plugin is an evaluation copy, it is
my
> understanding that it will expire, so periodically you will will have to
go and
> down load another copy.  Good luck.

Softquad has actually rigged the software to disallow this.  The "Panorama
Viewer" plugin expires after 60 days (as far as I remember - It may be 30).
 After uninstalling and re-installing it, you are still greeted with "This
copy has expired - pay $49" when you try to run it.  This might be fixed by
hacking into netscape, but I went back to using "Panorama Free" as a helper
app (a fairly complicated process itself after having the plug-in
installed).
Essentially Panorama is no longer free, except for the copies of Panorama
1.11 still floating around.  While softquad has a right to be paid for
their product it forces us and potential users into a "pay to play"
situation that's contrary to our standards of information freedom.   I
agree that some form of conversion to HTML is the only real alternative.

Stephen D. Miller
Duke University Special Collections