Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:20:01 -0400
From: Shari Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Library of Congress EAD Finding Aids page

Sender:       Archives & Archivists <[log in to unmask]>
Poster:       Shari Christy <[log in to unmask]>

Kim,

I just did the same thing and discovered that you need Panarama to view the
EAD finding aids.  You can download PanaramFree for free but I think it had
some disclaimers that doesn't make it useful.  The other Panarama will cost
something but I didn't bother to find out the cost.  I clicked around until
I found the finding aids in plain old HTML.

Hope this helps.

Shari Christy, Archivist/Curator

At 07:28 AM 8/6/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Excitedly I tune into Netscape to cruise the World Wide Web and view the
>latest offerings from LOC.  I find a tantalizing array of finding aids
>for my perusal.  I click on a worthy title, only to have my computer
>inform me that it cannot be read.
>
>Has anyone else encountered this?  I know I am a technodolt so I must be
>doing something wrong.
>
>Kim Allen Scott
>Special Collections Librarian
>MSU-Bozeman Libraries
>Bozeman, MT  59717

Shari Christy   Email: [log in to unmask]
Archivist/Curator
NATIONAL AVIATION HALL OF FAME
One Chamber Plaza
Dayton, OH 45402-2400