All,

The idea behind the <dao> was that it was for a digital representation of
an archival unit originally created in another form or for an orginal
digital archival unit. The <dao> can and should be used for a TEI encoded
representation (or original TEI document) of a archival unit.

Daniel

 At 11:26 AM 8/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm not sure if an TEI-encoded version of an item in an archival
>collection is the same as a tiff image of the same.  If they are, <dao>
>is the way to go whatever the description says.
>Michael

Daniel V. Pitti         Project Director
Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
Alderman Library        University of Virginia  Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
Phone: 804 924-6594     Fax: 804 982-2363       Email: [log in to unmask]