Happy Autumn to everyone.  Kudos to those who've been posting revised versions
of your teaching units. They are all terribly exciting, and it'll be fascinating
to learn what happens in the classroom and library with them.

And many thanks to Bill and Harlene for their update.  They paint a perfect
picture of what these first-time projects must be -- works in progress,
constantly evolving even as they're being implemented. The number of 'tools'
Bill and Harlene have devised, and are still devising, to support their students
in different phases of the inquiry process, is truly remarkable. We'll all be
eager to get our hands on them to be sure!  I can't wait to see and hear about
what their students accomplish. With this in mind, Bill and Harlene, one thing I
would have liked to see briefly summarized are your personal hopes for this
first implementation of the lesson. What for you will count as success?

By the end of next week (with luck!) we'll be mounting a new version of the
Project website. On it each team will have a Portfolio page where you'll be able
to post your own intentions at the outset, and your progress (including student
work) as you go along. So if you're already starting to implement your unit,
take a moment to jot down your own intentions, what you most hope will happen,
and what will count as success. Your intentions may change, but that will be an
interesting part of the story you'll have to tell.

Best,  Bill Tally