Hi Martha--the Fuqua connection is really exciting!  I'm traveling to =
Stratford Hall again for a meeting scheduled for 13-14 December, and =
mentioned to the folks there that I had spoken with you about their =
efforts to use the internet to spread the word and wealth of information =
about Stratford.  I suggested that you might be able (and willing?) to =
venture down to the Plantation to discuss the American Memory Fellows =
program as a potential model for future participants of their own =
excellent Monticello-Stratford Hall summer programs.  Any chance you'd be =
interested in joining in on such a conversation?  =

On other fronts,  I'm putting together the "document of the month" to go =
online at Stratford for November, and I've selected a short Richard Henry =
Lee letter from Chantilly, VA on 21 July 1776 to Thomas Jefferson (in =
Philadephia) regarding the Declaration of Independence.  Lee consoles =
Jefferson about the fact that Congress had "mangled" his original version =
of the Declaration.  I thought the piece was a timely one in light of =
Pauline Maier's new book, American Scripture, which downplays Jefferson's =
legacy in the drafting of the Declaration.  The letter I'm using is =
contained in the Julian P. Boyd, editor,  edition (1950) of Jefferson's =
papers (Vol 1).  Would the original be in the possession of the Library of =
Congress?  If so, would it be possible to situate a copy of it on the LOC =
website which could be linked to/from Stratford?  It would be great to be =
able to send Stratford visitors to the LOC to see the original manuscript =
on line.  =

The offer still stands for you to join us (Rich, Carol, me) in Monterey =
for the California League of Middle Schools Technology Convention on 14-16 =
November.  Our presentation is at 2 PM on Friday the 14th.  I understand =
flights east/west are relatively cheap just now (an air fare war broke out =
yesterday, $313 gets me from San Diego to D.C. next month); and, I've made =
arrangements for a 2 bedroom cabin with kitchen already, so your =
accommodations would be gratis.  =