Since .lsi is a proprietary format (and not even ASCII, ugh), it's not
going to be possible to write a filter to convert your other-format style
sheet into it (XSL, DSSSL, .ssh or what have you). Unless you work for
Corel or can get them to tell you how .lsi is specified.

I have some experience creating WordPerfect .lsi files, not for EAD
unfortunately, but for TEI. For power users of WordPerfect (i.e. if you
can put together WordPerfect code with your eyes shut, which is basically
what the user interface asks you to do), it can certainly be done; and
there's a real satisfaction, once you've got solid tagging and a solid
stylesheet to match, in seeing the document you encoded so laboriously
format itself as if by magic. Getting that solid stylesheet will be the
challenge (but isn't getting there half the fun?).

The exercise does, to be sure, dramatize the basic principle of markup
that simplicity of implementation pays off, because any tag usage that
tends towards the baroque is going to lead to problems. WordPerfect's
style sheets, for example, can't test against values of attributes unless
the DTD constrains them; the program can also fall over its feet and
crash if your choreography gets very complex.

For what it's worth, XSL (not yet accepted as a specification) or any
application-independent style specification (such as DSSSL, which is now
an ISO spec) is in principle able to describe print expressions as well as
on-screen. Whether a single style sheet will do as nice a job in the two
media is another question. The first question will be, however, "will
Corel build support for XSL into WordPerfect/SGML," not "can it be done."
Take a look at:
http://www.microsoft.com/standards/xsl/xslspec.htm

--Wendell Piez
  HuskyLabs