I would like to say "Amen" to your suggestion to set up an archive of modern
day oral histories.  My students' collection surpassed my expectations and my
students are very proud of their work.  I will be putting some of them on our
own school web site but would love to showcase their work more.  I am
especially pleased because more than half of my students are classified as
"drop-out prevention" students who are slow readers, below grade
level,discipline problems etc. and they really came through with oral
histories that they and I am pleased to share.
Laura