Martha,
Things have been fast and furious since I got back so I haven't had time to
write to tell you how much I enjoyed seeing all of you and Katy is a really
neat girl.  I wish I could have kidnapped her for my school!  I have
finished (finally!) grading my kids oral histories and am so happy with
them.  Last night I read a students Mom's history about her experiences as
a Cuban refugee.  I was in tears!   Another was a Florida cowboy describing
in detail his experiences.  It will be neat to compare it to some of the
cowboy descriptions already in the collection. I am now thinking of trying
to make a collection of all of them so that others can read them.  I will
keep you posted.  Next years' will be even better as I will have learned
from this years experiences.  Joy is still preparing her students to
collect the history's after Christmas, so I know hers will be awesome too.

Joy and I have sent in a proposal to present at the Central Florida Social
Studies Conference on American Memory the first week in February and will
keep you posted on that. Thanks for everything
Laura