Hello everybody...

I think I may have mentioned this when we were together this summer, but I
guess it doesn't hurt if I repeat it...

The Library has a guide that should also help with Oral Histories.  It's
available in print and on the website.  Although it has a pretty formal
title, the information in it is very down to earth.  Take a look:

Folklife and Fieldwork :  A Layman's Introduction to Field Techniques
   First Edition Prepared 1979 by Peter Bartis Revised and
   Expanded 1990; Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.,  1990
http://lcweb.loc.gov/folklife/fieldwk.html

I also enjoyed my visit to the (non-LC) website,
"What did you do in the war, Grandma?"
which is a collection of oral histories performed by Rhode Island High
Schoolers about the role of Rhode Island women during World War II.   The
project was done in the school's English program as a writing project.
There is a section there called "Teaching English via Oral History" that
some of you may find useful.
    The URL:
    http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/WWII_Women/
The high school project got help from the Rhode Island Committee for the
Humanities, Brown University, and the Northeast Regional Technology in
Education Consortium.

I too, enjoyed our mini-reunion at NCSS.

Later,

Betty

   Elizabeth L. Brown, M.L.S.
   National Digital Library Program, LIBN/NDL/ES(1320)
   Library of Congress, Washington, DC  20540-1320
   [log in to unmask]                telephone: 202/707-2235

   Library of Congress Learning Page:
   http://learning.loc.gov/learn/