The web interface for this service is here:
http://tvnews.vanderbilt.edu/tvnews.html
BB

>Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 16:50:45 -0500
>To: ndlpteam, amfellows
>From: "Elizabeth L. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: TV News abstracts 1968 to last month
>
>Hello folks,
>
>While at the Social Studies conference last month a high-school teacher
told me about this gopher site after seeing LC's "Today in History."  I
think it's information worth sharing...

>This area in the Vanderbilt Univeristy gopher has the abstracts of network
news programs for every day from January 1, 1968 to last month.

>gopher://tvnews.vanderbilt.edu:70/11/abstracts/browse
>
>Enjoy.
>
>Betty Brown

   Elizabeth L. Brown, M.L.S.
   National Digital Library Program, LIBN/NDL/ES(1320)
   Library of Congress, Washington, DC  20540-1320
   [log in to unmask]                telephone: 202/707-2235

   Library of Congress Learning Page:
   http://learning.loc.gov/learn/