I'm trying to find my way around the way to tag hyperlinks
in EAD, and am getting rather lost...  Could someone provide
guidance/examples?

For example, within <REPOSITORY>, if I want the HTML code [that is,
we're converting SGML to HTML] to be
what does the EAD tagging need to be?

Similarly, within <NOTE>, we might have
    See also <a href="mg1.html">Walter Murray fonds</a>

or

    See also <a href="http://www.usask.ca/cgi-bin/eadhtml?mg1.sgm">Walter
      Murray fonds</a>

(that's a fake example, btw!  In the latter case, the reference is
simply to mg1.sgm, i.e. a true SGML reference ... the rest would be taken
care by the conversion script)

Do we have to declare all of these as entities?  I'm assuming that
What syntax is required?  Any help with this would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Hutchinson                  University of Saskatchewan Archives
[log in to unmask]       301 Main Library, 3 Campus Drive
                                Saskatoon, SK  S7N 5A4
                                tel: (306) 966-6028   fax: (306) 966-6040