Dear Laura,
It was a hard decision to make to go to CRS, made harder by the fact that
I've made so many good friends like you.  But the good news is I'm still in
the same building, and still in contact with all the NDL folks -- and hoping
to see you and other Fellows when you're in town.  Caty really loved NCSS --
and you can bet she really wanted to go to Anaheim!  But we'll figure out
other opportunities, I'm sure.  She was just selected to represent her
school as one of six student ambassadors to El Salvador at during the first
week of March.  She's thrilled to have been selected (she had to write an
essay and go through an interview), and we're excited that she took the
initiative to get involved in the program (it was her idea from the start)
-- and of course, now we're also worried about safety.  But I guess we can't
live in a bubble -- it'll be a wonderful opportunity for her, especially
since 30-40% of her middle school (and high school) are Hispanic, mostly
from Central America.

I'll send you my new email address and phone number when I have it, so we
can be sure to stay in touch.  It's been great working with you...and thanks
for the nice message.
Martha