CONSER and PCC colleagues,

I just learned that Crystal Graham is this year's recipient of the
Bowker/Ulrich's Serials Librarianship Award!  Those of you who know
Crystal or her work know how well she deserves this recognition.  Crystal
has
been an active member of the serials and cataloging communities,
contributing significantly to the issues of reproduction microforms (she
wrote the ARL guidelines), multiple versions, format integration, the
cataloging of electronic serials, and how all of this
relates to our OPACs and shared databases.

I had the great privilege to work with Crystal on the paper for the JSC
conference and I could not have done it without her. I drafted and she
commented and provided many of the background readings.  Her astute
comments and observations revealed a very keen mind, a strong
desire to improve the rules for serialists, and a very sharp wit!  She also had
the benefit of the real day-to-day experience that I lack.  It was such a
pleasure and one I hope to repeat over the years to come.

Please join me in congratulating Crystal on this fine achievement. Her
email is [log in to unmask]

This summer's ALA will truly be special!

Jean Hirons
CONSER Coordinator